Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fall Reading

For my fall reading book I attempted to read Hiroshima. Although the book was very interesting I found that we didn't have a deadline so it was hard to finish on our own, or enough time to read it in class. I think the idea of a full year history book is a good one, but I just ended up forgetting about it. What I did read (about 100 pages) was very interesting and showed the true consequences of World War Two. The book follows about seven people ranging in age and nationality that were directly affected by the atomic bombs in Japan. The book jumps from character to character giving a well rounded picture of exactly what happened before during and after the bomb. From an American perspective this book is very valuable as it shows the result of the bomb and brings to light ethical considerations of atomic bombs.

No comments:

Post a Comment