Sunday, April 28, 2013

EdCafe

For my Edcafe topic I researched the atom bomb. I discovered loads of information about the trinity test, purifying uranium, and the massive cost of the project. I shared my information with my fellow classmates in a group of about five. What I love most about the Edcafe is that my learning did not stop when my research was done. In the group that I was leading we discussed the long term affects of the bomb. People shared their views on the morality, the affect and the consequences of the Atom Bomb. My views and opinions about the topic were opened up by the people who I was supposed to be teaching. My learning did not stop when my session was over. The other groups that I attended gave me even more information to think about. I learned a great deal about Hitler's attempted invasion of Russia. The Blitzkrieg and other Germany tactics. I was able to ask questions, have discussions, and most importantly learn more for the sake of learning. This peer to peer type of learning suits me very well. I love discussions and being able to ask and answer questions broadens my knowledge base and solidifies what I already know. Edcafes are a really good way of covering a multitude of different topics from the same time period. Everything was related in some way and learning about so many aspects of World War Two in a discussion based setting really strengthened my historical knowledge and confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment